1/22/15

A Scare


Our tiny little granddaughter gave us a scare last Friday. Our daughter rushed her to the ER because she had struggled to breathe a couple times after coughing. She immediately thought RSV! and VROOM- off they went. (When they are only 3 ½ weeks old, you don't wait around.) The ER staff did a mess of tests and everything was coming back normal. No RSV, flu, pneumonia, or even fever! After 7 hours, my daughter called and said she just wanted to take baby home!- but yet in the same breath, she told me she just didn't like how lethargic baby was......but she just wanted to go home!!! They decided to keep her overnight for observation and in the morning, the lab found Group B Strep in her urine. This is very serious in babies. Standard treatment is 10 days in the hospital with heavy duty antibiotics. After talking with our beloved pediatrician (she treated our kids and now she is seeing our grands!), the hospital said they could go home on Monday evening because our beloved pediatrician said she would meet  them at her office on Saturday and Sunday to administer the antibiotics!!!! She goes in once a day at the same time because the shot needs to be repeated every 24 hours. This Sunday will be her last dose! YAY!!!!  

This was last Sunday at the hospital....
Poor little innocent babe waiting for her antibiotic shot in her tiny little thigh. We are very fortunate it was diagnosed so early. Infants can become septic in a very short time with this and the situation could have been much worse.
SO THANKFUL!!!!


Needless to say,
....decorating and January purging pretty much stopped.
I have been playing ketchup the last couple days.
But it hasn't passed mustard yet.... ;)

I did at least get the agave picture unwrapped though. It's still not hung because I am waiting for Bill to be able to help....Pictures hanging all wonky kinda irritate me. And I just finished patching all the old nail holes in the wall!-  I know if I try to hang it myself, I will have to buy another tub of spackle! 



Last Sunday I decided to check the weather....

WOWZA!
Sure didn't feel THAT hot out there!
I figured it MUST be a misprint...
And I'm also kinda glad they aren't always accurate?