2/13/15

A Driveway, Horses, And a Wall

We now have a circle driveway!

Next up: figure out the steps up to the porch.
They will be right on the other side of that staghorn cactus.

Probably some sort of stone. Maybe something like this. →   


Last Monday I heard voices out front. I looked out the window and saw a Sheriff's vehicle but no one was in sight. Until I looked to the right...

And saw this.
This isn't uncommon around here but they've never been in MY YARD!
I went down to hear the story and offer help. :) The horses had been meandering around in the street and a neighbor and her little boy were driving past and she herded them into my yard and then blocked the opening with her car. Then she called the Sheriff. She is the one leaning on her car using her cell phone to put out community FB notifications for people to check if they knew these horses. The Sheriff sent his deputy around the neighborhood to ask. 
A neighbor girl also drove by and just naturally happened to have some halters and bridles in her car LOL!

Aren't these horses so beautiful though? And they were perfectly behaved.
And our new CIRCLE DRIVEWAY! came in handy! The girls would walk the horses around it when they became restless.

This horse was my favorite though. She's a sturdy mustang and had a dark mane, tail and all 4 stockings. And beautiful eyes.

So pretty!
These neighbor girls thankfully were both very experienced with horses.
Two and a half hours later, 4 neighbors, and three (bored?) Sheriffs shooting the breeze on a beautiful morning, when finally up the road came the owner on foot. He had been searching along the creek wash when he saw all the cars up the road.
Man alive. My life is so exciting sometimes! 



My Arizona Wall is coming along....

I'm satisfied with the left half of it but the other side needs some tweaking.

To the right of the gold pan and rattlesnake I want to include  The 5 C's (info link) of our economy. I have Climate, Citrus, and Cotton. I have some ideas/things to add for Cattle but have been searching everywhere for Copper. So I just plunked some of it up temporarily and the wall is stuck right here for now. I think I need to look at trading posts and possibly gift shops- I don't even have a specific idea of what 'Copper' should be, but I'll know it when I see it! ;)