10/15/14

Kitchen Shelves Part 2

Here are my shelves...


So much more cheerful.
Now that my walls are all painted white I need to add color in accessories.

For the top shelf, I got a green bowl from the cupboard and added some fake lemons I found at Walmart. The framed silver spoon and old scale are family heirlooms. On top of the scale is a bird shaped tea strainer from my daughter and also (you can barely see it) a cobblestone from my great grandparents' stable yard.
The next shelf- I already explained the "vase" and the yellow bird, but also on there is the biscuit cutter I found in Wickenberg. I just love to put on an apron and make biscuits with it! There is also a nut chopper I found many years ago at Savers. Above those is a framed crochet piece that my daughter made for me.

Above my stove is a metal salmon- a gift from my son and with it- the plate I serve salmon on. Love how they look together. It makes me think of olden days. 

The top shelf here has my collection of vintage chickens/roosters, a sign from my daughter, and the coffee grinder is another family heirloom.
The next shelf holds the tractor one of my sons played with as a young boy.
The bottom shelf has my 'Boomer' picture and a vase of flowers that I am not sure I like. That may change if I think of anything else to put there. Also on the shelf is a cast iron pig Bill got for me and an old camping coffee pot. The little frame says....


'Bacon in the pan
Coffee in the pot
Get up an' get it
Get it while it's hot!

That is my chuckle for this room. 'Cause, first, you will need to CATCH the bacon! Hee hee.

I'm easily amused....

So altogether I bought some lemons, a blue coffee mug, some little flowers, and some yellow spray paint. Whew. Not bad. I thought for sure NOTHING I had was going to work on these shelves.

Here it is again.

BEFORE:


AFTER!

I am so much happier with the mix of old fashioned/nostalgia and the newer/present-day things!!!

Although.....
looking at this picture, I may need to get that old cast iron rooster that I had hanging under the bottom shelf and hang it above 'Boomer' to balance the black from the other side more.....

LOL! I wonder if they will ever be 'done'.

And soon it will be time to decorate for CHRISTMAS! :)))