7/14/15

A New Decluttering Challenge!

In June I was trying to do another round of decluttering and I was so disappointed. I did get rid of a lot of stuff but not NEARLY as much as I was hoping for. As I was reading online about things to try and help me with it, I ran across a game. It's called (link) The Minimalists Game. The idea is, on the first day of the month, you get rid of one thing. Then on the 2nd day, two things. On the 3rd day, three things. Etc., etc. 

So I decided that on June 1st, I would start.

IT'S WORKING!

I don't know how....maybe because it put me in a different mindset?
Or that I just like a challenge?
Whatever it is, I am so happy!
Here are the first two weeks of July:

Week 1

Week 2
Notice? I have actually been able to get rid of some kitchen stuff!!!

At first I thought it was going to be so hard but then I looked at their Instagram where people post the items that they got rid of and as I was looking at the pictures, I saw similar stuff I had and thought- OH! I can get rid of that too! So far I have spent less than 5 minutes a day gathering things. If ever a day comes where I have no idea where to start, I look at their Instagram and right away get inspiration and off I go!

Instagram link: #minsgame

When you're playing this game you are supposed to upload your pictures to their Instagram but since I don't have an account they get to be shared on my blog. Oh lucky you!

Incredibly, so far,

I have gotten rid of 105 THINGS!!!!!

And it's still FUN. We shall see when the 20's start rolling around....